In West Virginia, these are the operating laws for PWC.
- PWC may be operated only during daylight hours (between sunrise and sunset).
- PWC must be operated in a responsible manner. Remember, it is illegal to:
- Weave your PWC through congested traffic.
- Jump the wake of another vessel unreasonably close to that vessel or when visibility is obstructed.
- Become airborne while crossing the wake of another vessel and within 100 feet of that vessel.
- Operate at greater than “no wake speed” within 100 feet of an anchored vessel, shoreline, dock, pier, swim float, marked swimming area, swimmers, surfers, fishermen, or manually powered boats.
- Exceed 10 miles per hour if you are following another vessel within 100 feet of its rear or 50 feet of its side.