Skip to main content

Course Outline

Requirements for vessel registration vary from state to state. In West Virginia, you must have a West Virginia Certificate of Number and validation decals to operate your vessel legally on public waters. The only exceptions are:

  • Public vessels of the United States, West Virginia, or its municipalities
  • Vessels registered in other states using West Virginia waters for 60 days or less
  • Vessels registered in another country using West Virginia waters temporarily
  • Non-motorized vessels, such as canoes, rowboats, or sailboats, that do not have an auxiliary motor
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 1 of 5