Skip to main content

Course Outline

Arkansas Boater Education Certificate

These are the boating education requirements for persons operating a vessel in Arkansas.

  • To operate any motorboat (including PWC) legally on Arkansas waters, a person who is of legal age to operate a vessel, whether an Arkansas resident or a non-resident, and who is born on or after January 1, 1986, must have:
    • A boating education certificate showing successful completion of an approved Arkansas Game & Fish Commission (AGFC) safe boating course or…
    • A valid boating education certificate issued by another state from a boating education course that is approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA).
  • Proof of certification must be carried on board the vessel.

  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 2 of 19
  • Page 3 of 3