The following restrictions apply to any vessel that is easily susceptible to swamping, tipping, or rolling (such as a canoe, kayak, or inner tube) and operating within the banks of Arkansas’s navigable waterways. The law does not apply to houseboats, party barges, jon boats, runabouts, ski boats, bass boats, or similar craft not easily susceptible to swamping, tipping, or rolling.
- Except for containers for substances prescribed by a licensed physician, no one may have or use glass containers within a vessel.
- All persons using a cooler, icebox, or other container for foodstuffs and beverages must:
- Ensure that the container seals or locks in the contents to prevent the contents from spilling into the water.
- Upon removing beverages from the cooler or other container, put them into or attach a floating holder or other device so that beverages cannot sink beneath the surface of the water.
- Carry and affix to the vessel a sturdy container or a bag of mesh construction, suitable for containing their trash and capable of being securely closed.
- Transport all their trash to a place where the materials may be disposed of safely and lawfully.
- A container is not required for persons traveling without foodstuffs or beverages.