The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to the forward half of each side of the motorboat and placed to be clearly visible.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the motorboat.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high, bold, BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: AR 3717 ZW, AR-3717-ZW, AR 999 AZZ, or AR-999-AZZ.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Decals must be affixed on each side of the motorboat, toward the stern of the registration number, and three inches from and in line with the number.