To prevent spreading aquatic nuisance species:
- Inspect your vessel and trailer, and remove any plants and animals you see before leaving the area.
- Drain all the water from your boat by removing all plugs and running the bilge pump. This is a state requirement.
- Empty your bait bucket on land. Never release live bait into a body of water or release aquatic animals from one body of water into another.
- Clean your boat and trailer by removing all visible plants or animals. Wash the boat with soapy water, preferably with a sprayer that heats to 140°F.
- Dry the boat by allowing it to sit out at least five days if possible before going on to a new waterbody.
For more information, call the AGFC at 501-912-6843.