A pleasure craft licence is free and is valid for 10 years beginning on the day when the licence was issued, transferred, renewed, or updated.
- Pleasure craft licence application forms are available by:
- Visiting a Service Canada Centre
- Calling the Boating Safety Infoline at 1-800-267-6687
- Downloading and completing the online application form
- To receive your pleasure craft licence (as of 2013), you must complete the application form and submit the form and all required documents to the Pleasure Craft Licensing Centre for processing. To check for updates to the application process, visit the Transport Canada website.
- As required by the Small Vessel Regulations, the licence (or a copy of the licence) must be carried on board whenever the pleasure craft is operated. The fine for operating without a licence is $250 plus any administrative charges.
- The licence must show the correct name and address of the pleasure craft’s owner.