Pleasure Craft Courtesy Check Program
Transport Canada—in conjunction with the Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary and the Canadian Power & Sail Squadrons (CPS)—offers free courtesy checks for pleasure craft. These courtesy checks will help you make sure that you have all the required safety equipment on board. Visit the CPS website to contact a boating safety specialist and find a courtesy check event at your local marina or launch ramp.
- During a courtesy check, a knowledgeable boating safety specialist will:
- Check your pleasure craft for the required safety equipment.
- Note any missing equipment or other requirements that haven’t been met.
- Reinforce the importance of boating safety.
- A courtesy check is for your education and safety.
- If your pleasure craft meets all requirements, you will receive a safety inspection sticker.
- No report will be made to any law enforcement agency if your pleasure craft doesn’t meet all the requirements.