Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Decal
The vessel's registration number and validation decal must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow and placed where it can be observed clearly.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high bold BLOCK letters.
- Number's color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen equal to the letter width: FL 3717 ZW or FL-3717-ZW.
- Decal must be affixed to the port (left) side of the vessel within six inches of the registration number. The decal may precede or follow the number.