Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Decal
The vessel's registration number and validation decal must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow and placed where it can be observed clearly.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high bold BLOCK letters.
- Number's color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen equal to the letter width: FL 3717 ZW or FL-3717-ZW.
- Decal must be affixed to the port (left) side of the vessel within six inches of the registration number. The decal may precede or follow the number.
If your vessel requires registration, it is illegal to operate it or allow others to operate your vessel unless it is registered and numbered as described above.