To prevent spreading aquatic nuisance species:
- Inspect your vessel and trailer, and remove any plants and animals you see before leaving the area.
- Drain your motor, live well, and bilge on land before leaving the area.
- Empty your bait bucket on land. Never release live bait into a body of water or release aquatic animals from one body of water into another.
- Rinse your vessel, propeller, trailer, and equipment.
- Air-dry your vessel and equipment for as long as possible.
- Keep your vessel hull clean to minimize the spread of organisms that can foul your vessel.
- If your vessel has been moored in a harbor or tied to an offshore mooring for an extended period, or if your vessel has spent significant time in other ports, clean the hull in a dry dock or on land.