Skip to main content

Course Outline

Out-of-state residents who are at least 16 years old and in New Jersey for less than 90 days may operate a motorized vessel on New Jersey waters if they:

  • Possess a certificate issued by their state of residence or…
  • Have in their possession written proof of successful completion of a boat safety course approved by another state, the USCG, or the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA).
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 2 of 19
  • Page 3 of 3