Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis, aquaplanes, surfboards, inner tubes, or any similar devices and the persons being towed must do so safely and responsibly.
- A person may not be towed between sunset and sunrise.
- Those towing persons on water skis, a surfboard, or similar device and those being towed must act in a safe and prudent manner. Vessels towing persons must keep at least:
- 200 feet away from any wharf, marina, dock, pier, bridge, structure, abutment, or person in the water
- 100 feet away from any other vessel, shore, aid to navigation, or mooring
- It is illegal to operate the vessel or manipulate the tow rope, water skis, or other device such that the towed device or person collides with any other person or object.