Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Decals
The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast sharply with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: NC 0000 AB or NC-0000-AB.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Decals must be affixed on both the starboard (right) and port (left) sides of the vessel. They should be placed within six inches following the registration number.