Towing a Person With a Vessel
Vessel operators towing someone on water skis, a surfboard, or a similar device must do so safely and responsibly.
- It is illegal for vessels to tow persons on water skis, surfboards, or any device of this type between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise.
- Vessels towing water-skiers or participating in a similar activity must operate in a careful and prudent manner.
- A reasonable distance from other vessels, people, and property must be maintained so as not to endanger life or property.
- It is illegal to cause the person being towed to collide with any object or person.
- It is illegal to be towed on water skis, a surfboard, or a similar device while you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.