Requirements Specific to PWCs
In addition to adhering to all boating laws, personal watercraft (PWC) operators have requirements specific to their vessel.
- You must have a Canadian-approved, properly fitting lifejacket on board for each person on the PWC or any person you are towing. It is recommended that you:
- Always wear your lifejacket.
- Choose brightly coloured lifejackets that are easy to see.
- You also must have on board:
- Proof of competency and proof of age for the PWC operator
- Buoyant heaving line at least 15 metres long
- Sound-signalling device (a pealess whistle is OK)
- Watertight flashlight or three Canadian-approved type A, B, or C flares
- Navigation lights