Operating a PWC
PWC may not be operated between sunset and sunrise.
It is illegal to operate a PWC in a careless, reckless, or negligent manner that endangers the life, limb, or property of anyone. For example, it is illegal to operate a PWC:
- At greater than “slow, no wake speed” in any posted “no wake zone”
- At greater than 5 miles per hour (mph) within 100 feet of another vessel that is underway at 5 mph or less
- At greater than 5 mph within 50 feet of another vessel that is underway at greater than 5 mph
- At greater than 10 mph unless vision is unobstructed for at least 200 feet ahead
- At greater than 10 mph within 300 feet of shore (except in specially zoned areas) on any inland lake or federal impoundment
It is illegal to chase or harass wildlife with a PWC.