You’ve completed the material of Unit 3 of the online boating safety course!
You should now:
- Know what to do when encountering buoys and markers.
- Be able to anchor correctly.
- Understand the dangers inherent in boating near dams, locks, and bridges.
- Understand the effects of tides and currents on boats.
- Be able to operate a PWC safely and courteously.
- Know that power is required for steering control of a PWC.
- Understand how engine cut-off switches work and why they should be used.
- Know how to avoid jet stream and propeller strike injuries.