To help protect Iowa waters:
- Inspect your boat, trailer, and equipment and remove any visible plants, animals, or mud before leaving the area.
- Drain the water from your boat, motor, live well, and bilge on land before leaving the area.
- Dispose of unwanted bait in the trash. Never release fish, animals, or plants into a body of water unless they came from that body of water.
- Rinse or dry your boat, trailer, and fishing equipment to remove or kill species that were not visible when you left a body of water. Before transporting to another body of water, rinse your vessel with high pressure and/or hot water or air-dry it for at least five days.
- Learn to identify aquatic nuisance species, and report any suspected sightings to the nearest DNR fisheries station.