Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Decals
The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow, as high above the water line as possible.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in BLOCK characters that are at least three inches high and one-half inch in stroke width.
- Number’s color must contrast sharply with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen equal to the width of the letter: OK 6789 CD or OK-6789-CD.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Decals must be affixed on both sides of the bow, behind (towards the stern) and in line with the number.