Here are some other facts about boater safety education.
- All vessel operators must carry on board one of the following:
- The original Boating Safety Education Certificate as proof the operator meets the boater education requirements or…
- A photo ID that clearly shows the operator is 16 years of age or older.
- These operators are exempt from the Oklahoma boater education requirement:
- Non-residents who have successfully completed another state’s boating safety education course or equivalency examination that is approved by the Department of Public Safety
- Children who are operating a PWC in a “no wake” zone while under the supervision of an adult