Oklahoma law requires the following with respect to PFDs.
- All vessels must carry one USCG–approved wearable (Type I, II, III, or V) PFD for each person on board.
- In addition to the above requirement, vessels 16 feet in length or longer must have one USCG–approved throwable Type IV device on board and readily accessible.
- Children under 13 years of age must wear a PFD whenever underway on a vessel less than 26 feet in length.
- Each person on a PWC or sailboard must wear an approved PFD.
- Anyone being towed on water skis or similar devices must wear an approved PFD. Ski belts are not approved PFDs.
- All PFDs must be in good and serviceable condition and must be readily accessible. The PFDs must be of the proper size for the intended wearer. Sizing for PFDs is based on body weight and chest size.