Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis or similar devices and the persons being towed must do so safely and responsibly.
- It is illegal for boats or PWC to tow persons on water skis, a skiboard, or any device of this type between sunset and sunrise.
- It is illegal for the operator of the towing vessel or person(s) being towed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- A boat or PWC must not tow persons on water skis or similar devices at greater than idle speed within 100 feet of a:
- Vessel not underway or adrift
- Dock, pier, or bridge
- Person(s) in the water
- Shoreline adjacent to a residence
- Public park, beach, or a swimming area
- Marina, a restaurant, or any other public-use area