Displaying the Registration Number and Validation Stickers
The registration number and validation stickers must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow as high above the waterline as possible.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high vertical BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast sharply with the vessel's background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen equal to the letter width; for example: ID 3717 ZW or ID-3717-ZW.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- One sticker must be affixed to each side of the vessel. It must be within six inches of and in line with the registration number and may be placed to either side of the registration number. Expired stickers must be removed or covered completely by the new sticker.