Idaho law designates the following dangerous operating practices as illegal.
Failure to Regulate Speed is operating at speeds that are too fast for the operator to bring the vessel to a stop within an assured clear distance ahead. It is illegal to exceed any posted speed limits. Specifically, the following acts are illegal.
- Operating at a speed greater than “no wake speed” (maximum of five miles per hour) while within 100 feet of a dock, a swimmer, or a person in the water except when:
- Safely pulling a water-skier from a dock
- Safely dropping a water-skier at or near a dock
- The swimmer or other person in the water is the vessel’s skier
- Operating at a speed and proximity to another vessel that requires the other operator to swerve at the last moment to avoid a collision