It is illegal to operate a PWC between sunset and sunrise or during periods of restricted visibility (such as fog) unless the PWC comes equipped by the manufacturer with the required navigation lights.
A PWC must be operated in a responsible manner. Maneuvers that endanger people or property are prohibited, including the following.
- PWC must be operated in a reasonable and prudent manner at all times. It is illegal to operate in a negligent manner. For example, it is illegal to:
- Weave your PWC through congested traffic.
- Jump the wake of another vessel at an unsafe distance from the other vessel.
- Swerve at the last moment to avoid a collision in order to splash another vessel or person.
- Operate in a way that requires another vessel to swerve at the last possible moment to avoid a collision.
- It is illegal to chase, harass, or disturb wildlife with your PWC.