Skip to main content

Course Outline

Requirements for vessel registration vary from state to state. In Idaho, you must have an Idaho Certificate of Registration/Number and validation stickers to operate your vessel legally on public waters. The only exceptions are:

  • Manually propelled vessels (for example, canoes, rafts, and kayaks)
  • Float tubes (without a motor)
  • Sailboards
  • Vessels properly registered in another state and using Idaho waters for 60 or fewer consecutive days
  • Vessels documented with the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 1 of 5