Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis, aquaplanes, surfboards, inner tubes, or any similar devices and the persons being towed must do so safely and responsibly.
- It is illegal to tow a water-skier between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise.
- It is illegal to exceed “no wake speed” (maximum of five miles per hour) while within 100 feet of a dock, a swimmer, or a person in the water, except when:
- You are safely pulling a water-skier from a dock or…
- You are safely dropping a water-skier at or near a dock or…
- The swimmer or other person in the water is the vessel’s skier.
- Vessel operators are responsible for the actions of any person they are towing.