Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis or any similar devices must do so safely and responsibly.
- It is illegal to tow a person(s) between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise.
- It is illegal to tow a person(s):
- Within 150 feet of any public dock (other than a ski dock), mooring line, launching ramp, boat, fisherman, swimmer, or any person not also engaged in the same activity
- On a device other than a parasail such that the person becomes airborne
- The person operating the towing vessel must not operate the vessel in a manner that would cause the person or object being towed to collide with any other object or person.
- The vessel operator, water-skier, or person riding on the object being towed:
- Must not manipulate the object so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person.
- Must not be intoxicated due to alcohol or under the influence of any narcotic drug, barbiturate, or marijuana.