In South Carolina, it is illegal to:
- Operate a PWC between sunset and sunrise.
- Operate a PWC at greater than “idle speed” if within 50 feet of a non-moving boat, a dock or pier, a bridge, or a person in the water.
- Jump the wake of another boat unnecessarily close to the other boat or when visibility around the other boat is restricted.
- Operate a PWC so that it leaves the water (jumps) within 200 feet of a boat whose wake it is crossing.
- Operate a PWC in excess of “idle speed” within 100 yards of the Atlantic coastline.
- Chase, harass, or disturb wildlife.