Watercraft operators may not hear sound signals or voices if the engine is not adequately muffled.
- All watercraft must be equipped with an effective and suitable muffling device to deaden or muffle the noise of the exhaust. The muffling system must be in good working order and in constant operation.
- It is illegal to alter the muffler if the result is increased noise.
- A watercraft may not be operated if it exceeds:
- A noise level of 90 decibels during a stationary sound level test or…
- A noise level of 75 decibels during an operational test.