Which Boats Require Registration?
You must have a Maine registration and validation stickers to operate your motorboat legally on public waters in Maine. The only exceptions are:
- Motorboats owned by the United States government.
- Motorboats used exclusively for racing purposes and displaying a motorboat number from a racing association.
- Motorboats documented with the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG).
For motorboats registered in another state or country using Maine internal waters for less than 60 consecutive days, here are the requirements.
- Maine registration and validation stickers are not required.
- A valid Lake and River Protection Sticker is required.