You’ve completed the material of Unit 6—the last unit—of the online boating safety course!
You should now:
- Understand a boat operator’s responsibility to his or her passengers.
- Understand an owner’s responsibility when allowing others to use his or her boat or PWC.
- Understand a boater's responsibility to the environment.
- Understand the risks of small boats and paddlecraft, and know how to paddle safely.
- Be able to tow a skier properly and recognize a skier’s hand signals.
- Understand the shared responsibilities of all those enjoying the waters—boaters, swimmers, water-skiers, divers, and windsurfers.
- Know how to be safe if fishing or hunting from a boat.