The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: TX 0001 GG or TX-0001-GG.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Decals must be affixed on both sides of the bow, three inches behind (toward the stern) and in line with the number.
Personal watercraft also are required to display the registration number and validation decals.