Skip to main content

Course Outline

A Party Boat Operator License issued by TPWD is required for operators of charter vessels that are operating on inland waters, are carrying more than six passengers, and have a length exceeding 30 feet.

  • The only operators exempt from this requirement are those holding a current USCG Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel (OUPV) License, often referred to as a “6-pack license,” or higher level of Captain's license issued by the USCG.
  • Inland charter or party boats must also have annual inspections and have the annual inspection certificate posted on their boat.
  • For more details on the Party Boat Operator regulations, age and experience requirements, and application process, visit the TPWD website.
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 2 of 19
  • Page 2 of 2