Skip to main content

Course Outline

Requirements for vessel registration vary from state to state. In Alabama, you must have an Alabama Certificate of Number and validation decals to legally operate your vessel on public waters. Exceptions include:

  • Non-motorized vessels (excluding sailboats or rental vessels)
  • Vessels registered in other states using Alabama waters for 90 days or less
  • Vessels operating under a valid temporary Certificate of Number
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 1 of 5