Indiana law prohibits reckless operation of a vessel or the reckless manipulation of water-skis, an aquaplane, or any similar device.
Reckless Operation or manipulation is operating a vessel carelessly in willful disregard of the rights, safety, or property of others. Examples of illegal and reckless operation include:
- Weaving your vessel through congested waterway traffic or swerving at the last possible moment in order to avoid collision
- Jumping the wake of another vessel such that you endanger human life, human physical safety, or property
- Causing a hazardous wake or wash from your vessel
- Boating in restricted areas without regard for other boaters or persons, posted speeds and wake restrictions, diver-down flags, etc.
- Operating in a circular course around another vessel engaged in fishing or around a person swimming