Skiing or Tubing on the Ohio River
Several laws for water-skiing and tubing on the Ohio River differ from those of other Indiana waterways.
- The operator of the towing vessel may either have an observer onboard or use a rearview mirror.
- If an observer is used, he or she must be at least 12 years of age.
- If a rearview mirror is used, the mirror must have at least a 160-degree-wide angle of vision and be mounted so that the operator can see the person being towed.
- A mirror is not allowed if towing a kite. There must be an observer at least 12 years of age onboard.
- The hours are extended to one (1) hour before sunrise to one (1) hour after sunset.
- Anyone being towed on water skis, a surfboard, a kite, or similar device must wear a USCG–approved wearable PFD.