A boating accident includes, but is not limited to, capsizing, collision, foundering, flooding, fire, explosion, and the disappearance of a vessel other than by theft.
- You must notify the office of the county sheriff, the nearest state police post, or the central dispatch center for the law enforcement division of the department as quickly as possible.
- The operator must file an accident report form supplied by the Indiana DNR if:
- A person dies or disappears or...
- A person is injured or requires medical treatment or...
- Damage to the vessel and other property exceeds $750.
- Your written report must be made within 24 hours of the accident.