Skip to main content

Course Outline

A vessel operator involved in a boating accident must report the accident to the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks within 48 hours if the accident involved:

  • Injury to any person requiring treatment beyond first aid or …
  • Death or disappearance of any person.

Damage to the vessel(s) or other property exceeding $2,000 must be reported to the department within five days of its occurrence.

Accidents should be reported on accident report forms available from the Law Enforcement Division of the department. All reports must be submitted to:

Law Enforcement Division
Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks
512 SE 25th Avenue
Pratt, Kansas 67124-8174
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 17 of 19
  • Page 2 of 2