The registration number and validation stickers must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: VT 3717 ZW or VT-3717-ZW.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Stickers must be displayed on both sides of the bow. The sticker on the port (left) side must precede the registration number. The sticker on the starboard (right) side must follow the registration number.
Personal watercraft also are required to display the certificate’s number and validation stickers.