Skip to main content

Course Outline

Here are some additional facts about titling and registering your vessel.

  • All motorized vessels that are 16 feet long or longer and 15 years old or newer must be titled.
  • Registration is valid for one year from the date of issue.
  • If you change your address or transfer ownership of your vessel, you must notify the DMV within 15 days of the change.
  • If a registered vessel is lost, stolen, or abandoned, the owner must report it to local authorities and to the DMV within 15 days.
  • If you lose or destroy your Certificate of Registration or a sticker, you must apply for a duplicate and submit a processing fee.
  • Larger recreational vessels owned by U.S. citizens may (at the option of the owner) be documented by the USCG. Call the USCG at 1-800-799-8362 for more information. Owners of documented vessels must apply for and display Vermont validation stickers.
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 4 of 5