Skip to main content

Course Outline

Requirements for vessel registration vary from state to state. In Vermont, you must have a Vermont Certificate of Registration and validation stickers to operate any vessel propelled by a motor legally on public waters. The only exceptions are:

  • Non-motorized vessels
  • Vessels registered legally in another state or country if the vessel has not been within Vermont for more than 90 days
  • Vessels documented by the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)

Vessels documented by the USCG or registered legally in another state or country must validate their registration numbers by obtaining a validation sticker from the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if the vessels are on Vermont waters for at least 60 days in a calendar year.

  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 1 of 5