The registration number and registration decals must be displayed as follows.
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
- Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number’s color must contrast sharply with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: WY 3717 A or WY-3717-A.
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Decal must be placed behind the number (toward the stern) and be directly in line with the number.