Wyoming law requires the following with respect to PFDs.
- All vessels must have at least one USCG–approved wearable PFD for each person on board.
- In addition to the above requirements for PFDs, one USCG–approved throwable device must be on board vessels 16 feet or longer.
- Any child under 13 years of age must wear a USCG–approved PFD at all times while underway unless the child is riding in an enclosed cabin.
- Each person on board a personal watercraft (PWC) must wear a USCG–approved PFD.
- Each person being towed behind a vessel must wear a USCG–approved PFD.
- All PFDs must be in good and serviceable condition and readily accessible. The PFDs must be of the proper size for the intended wearer. Sizing for PFDs is based on body weight and chest size.