Skip to main content

Course Outline

Here are some additional facts about titling and registering your vessel.

  • All motorized vessels must be titled also. You must title your vessel with your local county clerk before you will be allowed to register it.
  • A Certificate of Number is valid for one year or three years and expires on December 31 of the last year of valid registration. Owners of vessels that have been registered previously usually will be sent a renewal notice prior to the expiration date.
  • The owner of a vessel that requires registration must apply for registration within 30 days of the date of purchase or date of transfer of ownership.
  • Vessels registered in another state shall apply for a certificate of number if the boat remains in this state in excess of 90 days and is operated on Wyoming waters anytime during this 90-day period.
  • The owner of a numbered vessel must notify the WGFD within 15 days if:
    • He or she changes address.
    • The vessel is destroyed or abandoned.
  • If you lose or destroy your Certificate of Number or decals, you must apply to the WGFD for a duplicate and submit a processing fee.
  • Larger recreational vessels owned by U.S. citizens may (at the option of the owner) be documented by the USCG. Call the USCG’s Documentation Center at 1-800-799-8362  for more information.
  • Unit 4 of 6
  • Topic 1 of 19
  • Page 4 of 5