You've completed the material in Unit 1 of the Canada online boating safety course!
You should now:
- Be able to identify the basic parts of a boat and a personal watercraft.
- Be able to identify the different types of hulls and their performance characteristics.
- Be able to identify the different kinds of engines and drives commonly found in pleasure craft and their uses.
- Be able to locate and understand a pleasure craft’s compliance notice.
- Know how to file a proper float plan.
- Be able to fuel a boat and a PWC safely.
- Be able to launch and retrieve a pleasure craft safely and courteously.
- Know the basics of pleasure craft and engine maintenance.