Boater Education Law
The following are the boating education requirements for vessel operators on Missouri waters.
- All persons born after January 1, 1984, who operate any vessel on the lakes of the state of Missouri must have on board:
- A boating safety identification card issued by the Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP) or...
- A Missouri driver’s license or a non-driver’s license, with a boating safety endorsement.
- The boating safety card is obtained by successfully completing a boating safety course approved by the MSHP.
- Missouri residents must have and present to a licensing office a boating safety identification card when adding the boating endorsement to the driver’s license or non-driver’s license.
- The boating safety identification card requirement also applies to non-residents.
- Persons who possess a USCG or Power Squadron boating course certification card may apply for a certification card issued by the MSHP.