It is strongly recommended that PWC are operated only during daylight hours. If a PWC is operated at night (sunset to sunrise), the PWC must display the required navigation lights.
It is illegal to operate a PWC while you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
PWC must be operated in a careful and responsible manner. Specifically, it is illegal for PWC operators to:
- Weave the PWC through congested waterway traffic.
- Jump the wake of another motorboat when visibility is obstructed.
- Become airborne while crossing the wake of another motorboat and within 100 feet of that motorboat.
- Operate at greater than “slow, no wake speed” within 50 feet of any other vessel, PWC, or person in the water.
- Operate in a manner that requires swerving at the last possible moment to avoid collision.