Here are some additional facts about titling and registering your vessel.
- All motorized vessels and sailboats over 12 feet in length must be titled.
- A Certificate of Number is valid for three years and will expire on June 30 of the third year. Owners of vessels that have already been registered may be sent a renewal notice to their residence without any action by the owner.
- If you change address, you must notify the Missouri Department of Revenue (MDOR) within 15 days of the change.
- If a numbered vessel is lost, stolen, or abandoned, the owner should report it to local authorities and to the MDOR within 15 days of such event.
- If you lose or destroy your Certificate of Number or decal, you must apply to the MDOR for a duplicate and submit a processing fee.
- Larger recreational vessels owned by U.S. citizens may (at the option of the owner) be documented by the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG). Call the USCG at 1-800-799-8362 for more information. Vessels documented by the USCG also are required to obtain a Missouri Documented Boat Certificate of Registration and display the issued validation decals.